Website Brown University School of Public Health
This position reports to the Assistant Director of Student Recruitment and Marketing, the Graduate Admissions Officer will help lead the development and implementation of school-wide student recruitment and admissions activities and will specialize in admissions and recruitment for the Biostatistics Department. The position will gain consensus from, and liaise with, graduate program faculty and administrators to align marketing activities, resources, and admissions processes for all programs. Other priorities include creating and implementing programming for recruitment and marketing priorities and integrating diversity and inclusion strategies.
The activities of this position need to be responsive to the specific needs of the three degree programs within the biostatistics department, as well as three additional PhD programs within the School. The admissions requirements, recruitment pools, recruitment events, career placement opportunities, and training programs for graduate students are distinct and specialized. An essential requirement and component of this position is a deep understanding of the specific needs of the biostatistics program as they relate to recruitment, admission, and career development; and a proper allocation of time and effort to meet the needs of the program and its students.
Education and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree along with 2 years of experience in admissions, marketing, recruiting, student services or related area, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with SOPHAS and SLATE is preferred.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, and familiarity with a variety of software applications.
- Knowledge of biostatistics.
- Works closely with programs that consist primarily of international students. Must have some knowledge of international student admissions processes.
- Possess a willingness and ability to support and promote a diverse and inclusive campus community.
- Must be a collaborative team player who fosters open communication and cooperation among stakeholders.
- Self-disciplined individual who works independently and applies good judgment.
- Demonstrated ability to support a community of diverse perspectives and cultures in an inclusive environment.
- Excellent organizational skills.
This position is Hybrid Eligible.
To apply for this job please visit brown.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.