This position will coordinate with the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program Education (SNAP-Ed) team members and partners to implement food access initiatives to combat food insecurity in Georgia. Under general supervision, the SNAP-Ed Program Manager I provides day-to-day administrative and programmatic oversight over a portion of the activities of the USDA grant. The program manager also provides technical assistance and training to public health districts and community serving organizations and evaluates programs for compliance with state and/or federal guidelines. The position reports directly to the Team Lead for the SNAP-Ed program.
- Provides day-to-day management and administrative oversight of contracts and portions of the SNAP-Ed budget established to support food access activities.
- Provides technical assistance and training to health districts and SNAP-Ed community partners.
- Collaborates with health districts and community organizations to establish and implement food access activities; facilitates coordination of community efforts with public health districts and local community organizations.
- Builds and maintains key external relationships with a wide range of partners and stakeholders to support the SNAP-Ed program and food access challenges in disadvantaged communities and populations at higher risk for developing chronic diseases.
- Provides subject matter expertise related to food access, specifically community gardening and food policy council development.
- Contributes to establishing goals, plans, and objectives for the effective administration of the SNAP-Ed program.
- Ensures a strategic and evidence-based approach to food access challenges in Georgia.
- Work collaboratively with other programs in the Chronic Disease Prevention Section to create coordinated efforts and carry out program operations.
- Contribute to written reports and assessments.
- In collaboration with the SNAP-Ed team, evaluates SNAP-Ed initiatives to determine successes, barriers, areas for improvements and progress.
To apply for this job please visit www.governmentjobs.com.