Website Harvard Pilgrim Health Care Insitute
We are a research and teaching collaboration between Harvard Pil
Harvard Pilgrim Health Care Institute (HPHCI) is currently seeking a highly motivated individual to join our organization the Division of Therapeutics Research and Infectious Disease Epidemiology (TIDE) within Harvard Medical School’s Department of Population Medicine (www.populationmedicine.org) as a Research Analyst. TIDE is the home of several large, complex, multi-institutional research initiatives based within health systems using electronic health data that support major national public health activities. Our mission is to improve health care delivery and population health through research and education, in partnership with health plans, delivery systems, and public health agencies. The Research Analyst plays a crucial role in supporting key initiatives in TIDE’s portfolio.
The Research Analyst will perform a variety of observational research related activities, including but not limited to technical requirements preparation, SAS data management, and formal report preparation. This role will support the Sentinel Initiative, an FDA-funded medical product surveillance system, which uses existing administrative claims and electronic health care data from multiple collaborating institutions around the country (www.sentinelinitiative.org). The Research Analyst may also support projects funded by academic or industry sponsors.
Key Responsibilities/Duties – what you will be doing
- Data investigation, description and analyses.
- Participate in or lead discussions with internal investigators and other analysts to understand and interpret questions, create technical specifications/requirements, and provide guidance and suggestions based on scientific and operational experience. Communicate with diverse groups of collaborators.
- Assist in the management of quality control testing of analytic programs (e.g., SAS), in accordance with internal standards and guidelines. Create and maintain programs to perform analyses and generate routine and ad hoc reports, in close consultation with investigators, statisticians and senior programmers
- Analyze large medical claims and/or electronic health record datasets.
- Create and revise documentation, as appropriate. Prepare summary reports and presentations.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
Qualifications – what you need to perform the job
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION AND LICENSURE:
Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree in public health, health services research, health policy, economics, epidemiology, or similar field preferred.
3 to 5 years of relevant experience conducting epidemiological evaluations or working with administrative healthcare and electronic health record data.
- General understanding / background in healthcare and sound knowledge of scientific research methods.
- Knowledge of common electronic healthcare coding systems (e.g., NDC, RxNorm CUI, LOINC, ICD-9-CM/ICD-10-CM, HCPCS). Intermediate SAS programming skills. Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, especially Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Excellent interpersonal skills, dependable, motivated, and willing to learn new tasks. Strong written and oral communications. Able to operate independently and with good judgment.
- Resilient, collaborative, flexible, innovative.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be able to work in a hybrid work environment.
- Work may require simultaneous use of a telephone/headset and PC/keyboard and sitting for extended durations.
- May be required to work additional hours beyond standard work schedule.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.
To apply for this job please visit tuftshealthplan.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.