Website Health Services Advisory Group
An exciting opportunity is available now for those interested in improving the quality of care for End-Stage Renal Disease (ESRD) patients. The Health Services Advisory Group (HSAG) supports the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) on improving health equity for ESRD patients. Public Health Specialist will assist with multiple activities within the End-Stage Renal Disease National Coordinating Center (ESRD NCC) to advance health equity, reducing health disparities, and fostering community engagement, including but not limited to, health promotion, health services research, and data analysis. The position will be mentored by NCC staff, and participate in various learning opportunities (e.g., trainings, webinars, workshop) related to health equity and social determinants of health. The position will engage with national stakeholders, and community organizations that serve a wide range of at-risk populations. In addition, the Public Health Specialist will provide relevant briefings, lead meetings, and present during webinars, as well as interact with HSAG staff working in a variety of projects.
Essential Competencies, Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist CMS in advancing health equity in the kidney community including, but not limited to specific meetings, trainings, and events.
- Support current ESRD NCC health equity activities.
- Design effective social media health promoting campaign to reach wider patient populations, especially with tailored culturally-center health promotion messages.
- Conduct literature reviews and web-based searches focused on health equity, including how social determinants of health affect patients with end-stage renal disease.
- Conduct and document literature reviews related to health equity in kidney disease, including identification of evidence-based strategies and best practices to address inequities.
- Support the development of training materials to assist ESRD Networks in reducing health disparities.
- Conduct literature review to identify relevant health equity measures for assessing equity gaps in the kidney community.
- Support the identification of relevant interventions and programs to address social determinants of health.
- Support the development of project deliverables, including reports, presentation, and data visualization related to health equity analysis.
- Perform ad hoc research and analyses as required.
To apply for this job please visit hsag.jobs.net.