Website Health Services Advisory Group
Internship Program Overview
This analyst internship opportunity is available to master’s- or doctoral-level students immediately post-graduation or during the last semester prior to graduation. The 3–6-month internship is paid, and each intern will acquire competencies in at least one of the following core areas:
- Learn about national healthcare quality reporting including how quality measures are created, tested, evaluated, and implemented into quality reporting programs.
- Assist with analytic tasks such as data validation, developing and implementing analytic plans, cross referencing data, and producing operational reports.
- Obtain knowledge of a wide range of data types including (but not limited to)survey
medical claims and encounters
prescription drug claims
electronic health record
- Gain experience using statistical programming packages (SAS, Python) and working with CMS databases.
Essential Competencies, Duties and Responsibilities
Interns will be oriented to the core competencies. Once assigned to an HSAG project, each intern will:
- Be assigned an HSAG mentor to serve as a day-to-day point of contact.
- Meet with the project team and begin participating in all project team meetings.
- Make presentations to project team and communicate project results to staff.
- Perform assignments and prepare work products that contribute to the overall project.
Examples of assignments include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist with production of data submission reports for CMS quality reporting programs.
- Review and update analytic plans based on requirements specific to the quality reporting program.
- Perform ad-hoc analyses as required and support drafting of results, reports, and briefing papers.
To apply for this job please visit hsag.jobs.net.