ICF is in search of a Climate and Health Specialist to support the climate change and human health portfolio of the U.S. Global Change Research Program’s National Coordination Office (USGCRP NCO). The Climate and Health Specialist primarily supports the federal Interagency Crosscutting Group on Climate Change and Human Health (CCHHG) and fosters the integration of health activities throughout the Program. USGCRP coordinates and integrates global change research and supporting activities conducted by 14 Federal Agencies and Departments, with the day-to-day activities and operations of the Program facilitated by the USGCRP National Coordination Office (NCO).
As a Climate and Health Specialist, you will primarily:
- Work with CCHHG Federal co-chairs to plan and execute monthly meetings, calls, and occasional workshops and events, and provide support such as scheduling, materials distribution, note taking, and follow-up.
- Guide and mentor CCHHG interns and fellows
- Monitor and track scientific and research developments in climate and health.
- Manage and support development of CCHHG products, such as white papers, derivative products, etc.
- Engage with other USGCRP interagency groups and relevant federal and international programs to identify opportunities to further integrate health and global change across the Program.
- Serve as a Point of Contact for relevant chapters of the National Climate Assessment
To apply for this job please visit www.icf.com.