BSAS Community Engagement and Workforce Development Coordinator for Transgender and Gender Diverse Affirming Services
Coordinate efforts to ensure BSAS services are meaningfully informed by and responsive to the needs of people who identify as transgender and/or gender diverse (e.g. nonbinary, two-spirit, hijra, A.G., Mahu, genderfluid, etc.). As a hybrid member of the community engagement and workforce development teams, this position will be responsible for coordinating efforts to engage individuals with living expertise (aka “lived experienced”) and other content experts in the development and implementation of a shared plan that centers community voice and ensures equitable/responsive substance use and recovery care across BSAS’s service settings.
The Bureau of Substance Addiction Services (BSAS) works to address social determinants so everyone can attain their full health potential. We acknowledge the history of structural racism and its impact on health. All efforts are centered on dismantling ableist systems, ensuring equitable access, and supporting the needs of people with substance use disorder and disabilities. People with lived experience in these communities and/or in protected classes are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Deep understanding of and ability to apply a health, racial and disability equity approach to work.
- Ability to lead needs assessment and community engagement work with a health equity approach that considers the history, context and culture of populations being served, support racial and health justice reframing in stakeholder work and processes.
- Proven ability to communicate and build relationships with a diverse group of stakeholders, including health equity, community-based and service delivery stakeholders, with a commitment to health equity, particularly racial equity; ability to listen to and take direction from the community.
- Review and analyze data to determine progress and effectiveness, to make recommendations for changes in procedures, guidelines, etc., and to devise methods of accomplishing program objectives.
- Identify opportunities and coordinate efforts to center transgender and gender diverse individuals who have living expertise with substance use and/or recovery voice in all planning, implementation, and evaluation related activities.
- Establish, build, and maintain relationships with other stakeholders and content experts with a particular focus on those serving hard-to-reach and disparately impacted transgender and/ or gender diverse populations.
To apply for this job please visit careers.jsi.com.