Website Kaiser Permanente
Lay the groundwork for a dynamic future with an industry leader. At Kaiser Permanente, you’ll forge lasting relationships with colleagues across the organization while enjoying the opportunity to grow your experience and hone your expertise on assignments that have real impact. Our interns have worked on everything from analyzing financial software and developing new marketing strategies, to designing mobile apps and helping clinicians improve care delivery. We want you to get the most out of your time here and will give you projects that challenge you to think freely, question thoroughly, and explore deeply.
This role is scheduled to be 100% remote. While remote, finalists MUST reside in one of the following states to be eligible for employment with Kaiser Permanente: CA, OR, WA, HI, CO, GA, MD, VA, CT, DC, or IL.
May 2024 – August 2024
Business Optimization & Redesign (O&R) is a new department within Kaiser Permanente. Reporting directly to the CEO, O&R’s focus is to accelerate Kaiser Permanente’s path to more affordable, patient-centered healthcare. As a member of the team, you’ll play a crucial role by applying and honing skills in consultative solution design, disciplined program execution and complex organizational change management. Team members work on challenges and opportunities that span the Kaiser Permanente enterprise ranging from operations to organization design to member experience and more. While our team includes consulting and project management professionals at different experience levels, we have a flat internal hierarchy and all share equal expectations to ask questions, contribute ideas and constantly learn, develop creative solutions and deliver exceptional results. O&R values diverse backgrounds and perspectives.
- Conduct research, collect and analyze relevant information and data, develop hypotheses and insights, identify opportunities, propose options and define solutions to enhance the
member experience and address healthcare costs
- Perform advanced analyses and problem-solving
- Offer suggestions and recommendations based on data and reasoning to help drive decision making
- Anticipate and prepare for questions, concerns and next steps
- Demonstrate agility and flexibility when significant new information or change in direction is provided
- Perform as part of small, fast-paced teams with interdependent workstreams that need to be coordinated and integrated frequently
- Offer insights, support teammates, seek and offer help and constructive criticism when needed, and take accountability for the team’s success
- Coach and mentor peers and junior team members
- Partner with subject matter experts to leverage their knowledge and credibility
- Build relationships and influence peers, partners and senior leadership by using data-driven insights, presenting clear and compelling information, and delivering on commitments
- Play a key role in bringing stakeholders together to gain cooperation and support, and to negotiate differences
- Distill large volumes of data and research into concise and intuitive written communications, presentations and discussions tailored to specific audiences
- Develop reports, dashboards, white papers, PowerPoint decks and other artifacts to inform stakeholders and executives and help drive planning and decision-making
- Provide transparency in sharing information about approach, expectations, outcomes, risks, issues and limitations. Exhibit comfort and competence under questioning
- In collaboration with project managers, develop approaches to prepare, support and help individuals, teams and organizations make the changes required to execute new processes, policies, approaches and initiatives.
To apply for this job please visit www.kaiserpermanentejobs.org.