Website Kaiser Permanente
Health Engagement Consulting Services’ mission is to support The Permanente Medical Group (TPMG) with strategies and solutions that help patients understand their health, be active partners in their care and take steps to engage in healthy behaviors. We focus on:
- Culturally-responsive communication strategies for digital, print and clinical encounters.
- Patient-centered approaches to change behaviors that address underlying causes of disease.
- Patient experience research to inform innovation and optimize systems to influence health behaviors.
- Kaiser Permanente Division of Research conducts, publishes, and disseminates research to improve the health and care of Kaiser Permanente’s 4.5 million members in Northern California.
This 3-month, paid summer internship is for graduate students in public health interested in health education, health equity, and related topics. Intern projects are tailored to the academic skills and interests of each intern and may include a research component. Our interns:
- Engage in content development, literature reviews, data analysis, and/or user testing with clinical experts and patients.
- Develop recommendations and present findings on priority issues in health promotion or population care that impact California’s diverse communities.
- Understand the clinical and operational impact of their work through medical center and call center site visits as well as partnerships with physician leaders
- Work with a mentor in the Division of Research to complete an aspect of a research project under their direction.
- Responsible for contributing high level analytical support to a project or department requiring application of knowledge in marketing, information management, finance, management, economics or statistics. This position contributes to a full range of project components
- Assigned to at least one project and expected to produce results and report out as a member of a project team. Organizes assigned project tasks, identifies and structures information collection activities, and sets time lines for completion of required tasks as directed
- Develops tools to identify and to document best practices. Prepares various excel, word or PowerPoint reports, and works with access database software (or similar tool) to develop data extracts and management information reports. May be asked to produce graphic information using excel or PowerPoint or similar software
- Contributes to development of management information and analysis conducted, provides recommendations and assists with preparation of formal presentations to communicate results to various management levels. Identifies alternative solutions to project issues. Contributes to development project plans to ensure timely deliverables and successful completion of project and demonstrates an understanding of various business intersections. Assists with identification and development of training information.
- Enrolled in or recent graduate of a MBA or other Masters level program with an accredited college or university.
- Solid analytical skills, problem solving, project management and critical thinking.
- Strong project management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to utilize at a working level Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Access.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/ Management Partnership environment.
- Knowledge of SQL or SAS highly desirable.
To apply for this job please visit www.kaiserpermanentejobs.org.