Website Lung Health Ambassador Program
LHAP goes into Providence, RI middle and high schools to teach the next generation about the health effects of climate change, especially on respiratory health!
- Choose your own hours with no minimum time requirement
- Bolster your health communication skills
- Improve your public speaking skills
- Empower students to make a difference in their local communities now
- Engage with the Providence community
- Network with other undergrad, grad, health professionals students, and healthcare professionals who also help teach curricula
What will I teach?
- The Health Effects of Climate Change Curriculum focuses on the local impact of climate change on human health, especially respiratory health. It discusses the science of climate change, how climate change affects Rhode Islanders’ health, environmental justice, health equity, and what students can do in their communities to help mitigate the effects of climate change.
- Lesson 1: Introduction
- Lesson 2: Air Quality & Heat
- Lesson 3: Food & Water
- Lesson 4: Health Equity & Environmental Justice
Email Samantha Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job please visit forms.gle.