Website Manatt Health
Manatt Health Overview
Manatt Health integrates consulting and legal expertise to better serve the complex needs of clients across the health care system. Combining legal excellence, firsthand experience in shaping public policy, sophisticated strategy insight, and deep analytic capabilities, we provide uniquely valuable professional services to the full range of health industry players. Our diverse team of more than 190 consultants and attorneys from Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP, and its consulting subsidiary, Manatt Health Strategies, LLC, is passionate about helping our clients advance their business interests, fulfill their missions, and lead health care into the future. For more information, visit https://www.manatt.com/health.
Summer Analyst Program Overview
We invite you to help make an impact this summer alongside our nationally recognized health care strategy and policy consulting team at Manatt Health. As a participant in our Summer Analyst Program, you will:
- Attend a kickoff orientation where you will learn about our culture and clients, as well as receive formal skill development and content training.
- Participate in our mentor program, informal coaching, and feedback sessions to develop your analytical and communication skills.
- Work on a range of health care consulting projects for clients that are passionate about improving health care.
- Have the opportunity to work on project teams, gain hands-on experience, and engage with industry leaders.
- Receive a comprehensive overview of what it’s like to work as a consultant at Manatt Health Strategies.
Our Summer Analyst Program is a ten-week program, the objective of which is to identify candidates for consultant roles upon graduation from their academic programs. Locations are Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, New York, San Francisco, and Washington, D.C. Participation in the program is compensated.
At Manatt Health, you will be inspired to make the world a better place. You will work with a team of passionate and driven professionals on the development of business strategy and policy recommendations for our clients. In this role:
- You will work with Manatt Health’s diverse clients, which include state Medicaid agencies, health plans, academic medical centers and health systems, digital health companies, and pharmaceutical and life sciences companies.
- You will work with Manatt experts to tackle substantive issues for our clients, which include payment and delivery system transformation; health care reform implementation; strategic planning; Medicaid policy, redesign, and innovation; health care data and data strategy; and pharmaceutical/life sciences market access, coverage, and reimbursement strategies.
- Your responsibilities will include contributing toward the development of high-impact strategies to advance our clients’ policy and business objectives; conducting qualitative and quantitative research on health care business and policy issues; developing, designing, and delivering presentations; monitoring federal and state health policy trends; and tracking emerging health care market trends.
You must have a passion for working in health care and be a graduate student pursuing an advanced degree with a focus on public health, business administration, public administration, public policy, health administration, or health care management or other related area, with an anticipated graduation date in winter 2024/spring 2025. Preferably, you will have:
- Two or more years of relevant work experience is preferred.
- Internships and relevant lived experience, with a demonstrated interest in and enthusiasm for business and marketplace issues, health equity, and other health care trends are highly valued.
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational, communication, analytical, and written and verbal communication skills in a variety of settings and media.
- An ability to work independently and on teams on meaningful projects that can bring about real change.
- Strong computer skills, including professional proficiency with Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Modeling skills with the ability to develop financial models and complete complex data analysis is a plus.
To apply for this job please visit www.manatt.com.