The Massachusetts Department of Public Health (DPH) is seeking an experienced public health communications professional to support the Bureau of Community Health and Prevention (BCHAP). The Manager of Strategic Health Communications Design and Integration provides leadership in the development and implementation of communications strategies across the bureau. This position helps BCHAP programs to leverage communication strategies grounded in behavior change theory to advance policy and programmatic goals across a range of topics, including: tobacco, obesity, cancer and chronic disease prevention, violence and injury prevention, sexual and domestic violence, adolescent and school-based health, and sexual and reproductive health. The position works across the Bureau to ensure consistency and clarity of message. In addition, they provide leadership, strategic direction, and indirect supervision to eight communications staff who are based in programmatic teams across the Bureau and ensure accountability across teams.
BCHAP acknowledges the history and persistence of structural racism in the United States and its impact on health. We are committed to improving the quality of life for all Commonwealth residents while eliminating the inequities that threaten the lives of communities of color who are disproportionately affected by chronic diseases and their risk factors. The Manager of Strategic Health Communications Design and Integration will provide leadership and coordination to program staff within the bureau to help frame and message this commitment.
Qualified candidates will possess the professional and managerial experience to lead health communications efforts, as well as the interpersonal and communication skills needed to support staff across the bureau in producing high quality and efficient services. The Manager of Strategic Health Communications Design and Integration ensures that all BCHAP communication strategies are aligned with DPH and EOHHS priorities and adhere to DPH policies and procedures related to communication.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Communication Strategy Development & Implementation
- Ability to assess, prioritize, design, implement and improve comprehensive health communication strategy across a broad spectrum of content areas.
- Foster creative message planning to leverage and integrate messages.
- Provide strategic direction and assist staff from across Bureau programs to infuse communications strategies into Bureau wide strategic planning.
- Provide technical assistance to BCHAP programs to leverage effective health communication strategies in program design.
- Support program staff on RFQ development for vendors.
Leadership & Collaboration
- Maintain exceptional leadership and communication skills while establishing strong working relationships and strategic partnerships with diverse internal and external constituents, stakeholders, and groups.
- Continue coordination with BCHAP programs throughout the fiscal year to ensure projects are on time and on budget
Staff Development & Capacity Building
- Build capacity of staff across the Bureau engaged in strategic health communication.
- Provide indirect supervision for eight staff embedded within programs across the bureau.
- Develop and implement integrated communication goals for program staff.
- Ensure the development and implementation of communications materials and strategies have a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion.
To apply for this job please visit massanf.taleo.net.