Website Medway Public Schools
Youth Drug Prevention Community Coalition
‘SUP Medway, a community drug prevention coalition, operating out of the Medway Public Schools is currently looking to fill a new, part-time position focused on youth programming.
This new, part time position will build capacity for the ‘SUP Medway youth drug prevention coalition. This position will be responsible for overseeing an evening youth drop in program and supporting an afterschool youth empowerment group with the collaboration of coalition members and partners. This coordinator position will represent the ‘SUP Medway Coalition at community events and coalition sponsored activities. This position will facilitate coalition communication via email, social media, and outreach. At times, meeting facilitation and report preparation will be required. This position may also support the implementation of other prevention initiatives to meet community needs and fulfill strategic plans.
- Support the operation of a community-based coalition including facilitating meetings and completing grant required reporting as needed.
- Collaborate with staff and volunteers to implement prevention campaigns and programs as determined by strategic plan and objectives.
- Supervise a youth drop-in program which will include:
- work with coalition members to plan logistics and activities
- recruit, train, and oversee volunteer chaperones
- conduct marketing and outreach efforts to increase participation
- engage youth in activities
- ensure safety by enforcing policies
- make recommendations for policy and/or process improvements
- track program efforts including participant attendance and report out updates
- Ability to lead multiple youth groups and youth driven projects
- Assist in maintaining social media channel(s) and email communications.
- Represent the ‘SUP Medway coalition and engage community members in prevention education at events and meetings.
- Uphold Medway Public School’s core values related to equity and empowerment when engaging with youth, colleagues, and community members.
- Maintain confidentiality to sensitive information.
- Attend training in substance use prevention best practices.
- Other duties as assigned by the Coalition Coordinator, Coalition Director, or Superintendent.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Valid drivers license and reliable transportation.
- Experience working or volunteering with youth.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve.
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to collaborate professionally with diverse individuals.
- Must have some evening and occasional weekend availability for events and meetings that are scheduled in advance.
- Bachelor’s degree in public health, social work, or other human/community services.
- Experience facilitating meetings online and in person.
- Experience maintaining an organization’s social media channels including Facebook.
- Understanding of prevention principles and strategies including risk and protective factors and Universal- Selective- and Indicated-prevention strategies.
- Certified in CPR and first aid (or willing to become certified)
Terms of Employment:
- 15 – 20 hours per week
- Contract Position
- Employment contingent upon CORI check, fingerprinting, and passing drug test.
- Training will be provided on mandated reporting as required by law.
- Insurance benefits and vacation time not included.
- This position is subject to grant funding.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.