Website Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
For over 20 years, the Immigrant Health and Cancer Disparities (IHCD) Service has worked to identify and eliminate disparities in cancer treatment among immigrants. Housed at MSKCC since 2011, the IHCD Service offers a wide range of programs for patients, healthcare professionals, and patient advocates. We address gaps in healthcare at the local, national, and global levels. Our community-based programs provide a gateway to health education and services for immigrants and other medically underserved groups in New York City and beyond. Through our research initiatives, we continually assess the impact of our programs and to increase the representation of underrepresented groups in clinical trials.
Data Coordinator will manage data and reporting activities and for data integrity associated with research and outreach initiatives across IHCD-RLC’s Cancer Screening Program. The Program offers community members health navigation and education through cancer screening services, and continued navigation of diagnostics/treatment.
In-person attendance at the office and community sites is required, with a hybrid model.
- Able to simultaneously assess priorities among several tasks while meeting established guidelines.
- Able to hold yourself and others accountable to achieve goals and live up to commitments.
- An effective communicator, capable of resolving how best to reach different audiences.
- Able to work independently, be flexible, and meet tight deadlines.
- Lead data/project management activities and data accuracy and cleaning tasks within the IHCD-RLC Cancer Screening Program.
- Perform data quality control, analysis, and reporting for outreach and research databases within MSKCC.
- Assist with and provide oversight of staff during the development and maintenance of project databases.
- Participate in special projects and tasks forces as determined by management.
- Design and update tools, workflows, and visualization efforts to help with data assessment for the program.
- Background in biostatistics.
- 1-2 years of data management and coding experience in a healthcare setting.
- Experience with REDCap.
- Genuine interest in working in health disparities research.
To apply for this job please visit externaltalent-mskcc.icims.com.