The Health Strategy, Operations and Systems Department (L222) is seeking motivated and creative individuals with a desire to learn health administration, health supply chain, operations, and data analytics for a Summer 2024 Health Internship. This position has opportunities to work on projects with one of many Federal agencies including the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), the National Institutes of Health (NIH), Indian Health Services (IHS), Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ), Veterans Health Administration (VHA), Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA).
As a member of the Health Strategy, Operations & Systems department, the intern will support project teams in thinking about program efficiency and effectiveness, data-driven operations and metrics process improvement, IT modernization (i.e.., eliminating health IT redundancy, implementing process efficiencies across government agencies.
As a Health Strategy, Operations & Systems Intern you may participate in some of the following opportunities:
- Support MITRE project teams in developing solutions for strategic integration of new tools, technologies, and innovative processes to support the implementation of policies and programs.
- Develop strategies and implementation plans for government program health initiatives and prevention campaigns for the general public and other audiences.
- Coordinate and conduct activities related to long- and short-range planning; program and project development, implementation, and evaluation; and translation and dissemination of scientific data and health information to audiences in a variety of formats.
- Must be presently enrolled and in good standing with a graduate or undergraduate degree program with a focus on healthcare (health policy, health data science, public health, health service delivery (e.g., nurses, social workers, physicians) or health sciences, healthcare operations.
- Must be enrolled the semester following the Summer 2024 internship.
- Sustained excellence in academic performance.
- Experience in public health, biostatistics and/or data analytics, mental health, health supply chain, healthcare operations, healthcare delivery or healthcare administration, and other health-related government initiatives.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Completed junior or senior year of college or first year of multi-year graduate school.
- Capability in another health domain area (e.g., data analytics, information technology, process improvement (i.e, Lean Six Sigma, Agile).
- Proficiency and experience with design software (PPT, Adobe, etc.).
- Ability to work with interdisciplinary teams.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Project)
To apply for this job please visit careers.mitre.org.