Website National Environmental Health Association
This internship is designed to allow students to gain a firsthand perspective on the day-to-day responsibilities of environmental health professionals, make invaluable connections with those working in the field, and consider careers working in state, tribal, local, or territorial environmental public health agencies following graduation.
- A base stipend of $6,000 for undergraduate and $8,000 for graduate environmental health student interns through funding from CDC for a 400-hour internship to cover lodging, food, and incidental expenses
- Students who relocate for an in-person internship experience will be offered an additional need-based relocation allowance starting at $500
- Participation in a series of environmental health professional career mentorship sessions with current environmental health professionals working in state, tribal, local, or territorial health agencies
- Professional development learning sessions provided by our staff
- Opportunity to attend NEPHIP’s virtual career fair
- Registration to virtually attend our Annual Education Conference
- Opportunities to network and attend a professional development pre-conference workshop
- Sustained support for promoting internship work through publications and media
- A one-year NEHA student membership
To be considered as an intern for this program, students need to:
- Attend an environmental health academic program that is accredited by the National Environmental Health Science and Protection Accreditation Council (EHAC) for undergraduate or graduate programs.
- Be a current sophomore, junior, senior, or graduate student at the time the application is submitted and have completed at least one full year of academic training with most courses in environmental health focus areas.
- Be enrolled as a student during the internship. Students who will graduate prior to the internship session will not be eligible to participate.
- Have active health insurance.
International students are eligible to apply.
To allow flexibility for students, NEPHIP now offers the internship experience via virtual, in-person/on-site, or hybrid formats depending on student and host program needs.
To apply for this job please visit www.neha.org.