Website NatlGovsAssoc National Governors Association
NGA is looking to add a Policy Analyst to our Center for Best Practice team. This position will report to a Program Director overseeing health policy issues. The Policy Analyst’s primary responsibilities will be to support Governors on matters related to a variety of health policy issues that may include: social determinants of health, public health infrastructure, public health workforce, public health data modernization, rural health, chronic disease, infectious disease, immunizations, Medicaid and other aspects of public health.
Other important responsibilities of the Policy Analyst include:
- Organize and conduct workshops, seminars, conferences, and presentations;
- Facilitate panel discussions, state strategy sessions, and other meetings for Governors, senior state policy staff, and key stakeholders on state program and policy issues;
- Provide in-state technical assistance for multiple programs and policy issues;
- Provide ‘best practice’ information and consultative support to Governors and their senior advisors in response to requests for assistance;
- Write white papers, issue briefs, presentations, and memos on policy issues and best practices of relevance to Governors and senior state policymakers;
- Build and maintain relationships with high-level policymakers and key stakeholders including grant funders;
- Be committed to NGA’s mission and goals to constructively serve the needs of all Governors;
- Demonstrating a commitment to NGA’s mission and goals to constructively serve the needs of all Governors; and
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor, Deputy Director or Director, Center for Best Practices.
To apply for this job please visit nga.hrmdirect.com.