Website NJDeptofHealth New Jersey Department of Public Health
Under the direction of the Supervising Public Health Representative or other Supervisory Offical this position is responsible for conducting grant mandated annual VFC Compliance Site Visits, assessment feedback visits, and additional unannounced storage and handling site visits to public and private provider sites.
- Conducts follow-up activities as needed. Enters immunization information into a CDC developed software program and accurately read and provide feedback information, along with methods of improving immunization rates, in a positive manner to promote program objectives.
- Serves as the backup AFIX Coordinator and conduct all duties in the absence of the Supervising Public Health Representative.
- Responds to inquiries or requests from public and others for information concerning vaccines and vaccine availability. Establishes and maintains effective work relationships with local health departments and private provider sites receiving VFC vaccines.
- Prepares clear, sound, accurate and informative statistical and other reports containing findings, conclusions, and recommendations.
- Conductspublichealthsurveysandfollow-up activities and compile data obtained.
- Maintains essential records and files.
- Identifies educational needs of enrolled and active providers within the VFC Program, in order to provide support in meeting the requirements set forth by the CDC and the NJ VFC Program.
- Ensures each provider has an emergency response plan in the event of power failure to maintain efficacy of all VFC vaccines.
- Conducts investigations for allegations of fraud and abuse, and liaison with the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
- Assists the Vaccine Preventable Disease Program in the event of a public health emergency by providing a field or office response outside of normal business hours.
To apply for this job please visit nj.gov.