Website Ocean State Research Institute / VA Providence HealthCare System (VAPHS)
Would you like to be a part of a dynamic and productive team, conducting cutting edge research? We are looking for an experienced Senior Research Assistant to join Dr. Noah Philip’s growing research team at the VA Providence HealthCare System (VAPHS), performing first-in-human device studies of low intensity focused ultrasound. This position is expected to interview in March 2023 with an anticipated start date in May 2023.
We are looking for a person who is interested in career growth and taking on increasing responsibilities as the needs of the research lab change. The person hired for this position will become an employee of the Ocean State Research Institute, the Nonprofit associated with the VA Providence HealthCare System and will be located in a research building on the Providence VA Medical Center campus which houses multi-disciplinary researchers and support staff.
Example of Responsibilities
- Manage study participant flow from recruitment, informed consent and enrollment, follow-up assessments and reimbursements in accordance with established study policies and guidelines.
- Prepare and maintain regulatory Institutional Review Board (IRB) submissions and documentation, and assists with other regulatory documentation (e.g., FDA, NIH).
- Effectively coordinate schedules between participants and multiple members of the study team.
- Coordinate study meetings, serves as main point of contact for study team and collaborators.
- Timely completion of case report forms, and data entry.
- Maintain study logs related to study activities (recruitment & enrollment, adverse events, deviations, etc).
- Set up fMRI experiments and communicate with participants throughout ultrasound sessions
- Coordinate collection of fMRI data.
- Handle and protect confidential and sensitive data with integrity.
- Assist in dissemination of research findings through scientific manuscript writing and posters.
- Produce written, tabular and visual materials for study reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS in Psychology, Neuroscience, Computer Science, or related field highly preferred
- At least 2 years of clinical (human subjects) research experience
- Prior training in Good Clinical Practice and experience interacting with IRB
- Able to safely work within an MRI (3T) environment
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and attention to detail
- Flexibility to schedule work hours independently, occasionally at 8am or 6pm
- Proficiency in Microsoft word, Powerpoint, Excel, etc.
- US citizenship or permanent resident
Benefits and Compensation
- Vacation and sick time
- 11 paid Holidays
- 401k with company match available 1st day of employment
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Health and Dental benefits
- Annual salary $53,000 – $57,000, depending on skills and experience.
Please submit a resume along with a cover letter summarizing your interest in the position and relevant skills/experience to Mary Ford, Mary.Ford@osriinc.org and cc Kate Barnabe, Kate.Barnabe@va.gov.
About the VA Providence HealthCare System (VAPHS)
Providence is a unique research site in the heart of academic-rich southern New England, and Ocean State Research Institute is the non-profit research organization of the VA Providence HealthCare System. The fundamental mission of research at the VA is to advance the healthcare of Veterans. The VA Providence HealthCare System has a large funded research and development program, including studies in Rehabilitation Medicine, Cardiology, Mental Health, Neuroscience, Substance Abuse, Health Services & Economics, and Pulmonary Disease. There are more than 230 research projects totaling over 17 million dollars in VA, National Institutes of Health (NIH), Department of Defense (DoD), National Science Foundation (NSF), and commercial grants.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org