Website RumphandAssoc Rumph and Associates, P.C.
Rumph and Associates, P.C. is seeking an Epidemiologist II to support the Division of Healthcare Quality Promotion (DHQP) at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). The Epidemiologist will conduct quality control, database manipulation, and perform statistical and epidemiological analyses using Python, R, and SAS to support CDC scientists.
- Collaborate with CDC staff to monitor, manage, and analyze data submitted to the Clinical and Environmental Microbiology Branch (CEMB) through various surveillance systems and detection network.
- Create and submit well-formatted and documented SAS code to conduct quality control and manipulation of data bases including merging, managing, and updating data; generating standard reports; performing data quality reviews; data editing/cleaning; and resolving data quality problems.
- Demonstrate proficiency in Python, R, and SAS for data science to perform data management, design database structure, and guide development for various activities and programs in CEMB.
- Create and submit SAS or R code to conduct statistical and epidemiological analyses in support of CDC scientists including frequency analyses, 2X2 analyses, and logistic regression.
- Develop experience and expertise managing and interpreting laboratory-generated results and consults on guidance, training, technical assistance, and user support to submitting organizations and public health partners who use the data submitted.
- Develop strategies to improve the collection, analysis, and use of laboratory-generated and epidemiologic data, particularly those related to antibiotic resistance detection and characterization.
- Develop internal and external-facing communication products for healthcare-associated infections and antibiotic resistance, in collaboration with CDC staff.
- Develop and prepare data summaries, feedback reports, and presentations for partners
- Participate in and/or coordinate meetings, conferences, conference calls, webinars, and in-person meetings with internal and external partners. as needed.
- Communicate and coordinate with internal and external partners to ensure data and findings are accessible and interpreted correctly.
To apply for this job please visit gethired.com.