Website PublicHealthUMN University of Minnesota School of Public Health
The Division of Health Policy and Management in the School of Public Health, University of Minnesota, invites applications for a multi-year contract faculty position at the rank of either Assistant or Associate Professor to begin August 2023. We seek to recruit up to two new faculty members whose primary responsibilities include teaching and advising within our Master of Public Health-Public Health Administration and Policy (MPH-PHAP) degree program, participation in research, and service on Division, School of Public Health, University and community-focused committees.
The School of Public Health is committed to antiracism and anti-oppression in our mission and operations. In pursuit of this goal, we consider an individual’s record working with students and colleagues from historically marginalized backgrounds and experience identifying and eliminating systemic barriers to academic success. Because the SPH and the Division seek to increase the diversity of its workforce, we particularly encourage applications from those who belong to groups that have been historically underrepresented in our discipline, including those who are Black, Indigenous, and people of color, those with disabilities, and those from LGBTQIA+ communities.
The anticipated classroom teaching load is 5 to 7 courses per year (approximately 12 credits; 60% of one’s time) with the understanding that this load would likely include multiple sections of the same course across the fall, spring, or summer semesters and/or may include teaching using different modalities (face-to-face and online). Teaching loads may be reduced for those holding administrative appointments related to academic program management or other Division service. Student advising, educational program support, and service are anticipated to constitute approximately 25% of one’s time, while participation in research is expected to constitute 15% of one’s time.
The general requirements for this position are:
- Hold a doctoral degree from an accredited institution in one of the following disciplines: health services research, sociology, organizations and management, public administration, public health, public policy, law, medicine, or other related disciplines;
- Demonstrated interest in public health, population health, and healthcare delivery;
- Evidence of effective teaching or teaching potential in at least two of the following content areas: management, leadership, public health foundations, population health, planning and budgeting, public health informatics, public health law, or ethics.
- Potential for excellence in academic, project, and thesis advising for Masters’ students;
- Strong written and oral English communication skills;
- Demonstrated capacity to engage in inclusive teaching practices as well as to provide effective instruction on issues of equity in the classroom.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse communities and cultures;
- Ability to collaborate with others in a multi-disciplinary research and teaching division, and
- Evidence of scholarly productivity, including production of manuscripts, books, issue briefs, or other forms of scholarship.
The position is open until filled and review of applications will begin March 6, 2023. Learn more at the application link below.
To apply for this job please visit hr.myu.umn.edu.