Website DeptVetAffairs Veterans Affairs Center for Clinical Management Research
We have an excellent opportunity for a data analyst/statistician to join our research team, where we evaluate and implement ways to make health care safer, more effective, and more affordable. The Veterans Affairs Center for Clinical Management Research (CCMR) is a Health Services Research and Development Center of Innovation located in Ann Arbor, MI; we have a unique mandate to both (a) do fundamental research in data science, health services, and epidemiology, but also (b) work with operational partners in VA, the University of Michigan, and beyond to directly implement discoveries as improvements in care. At CCMR, we bring together teams of scientists, clinicians, and analysts in a particularly open environment to discover ways to make healthcare better, safer, and cheaper.
- Use advanced statistical methods to analyze data from large administrative databases across a national healthcare system.
- Write efficient code for processing data utilizing tools such as SQL, SAS, Stata, or R.
- Create processes for assessing quality and accuracy of data.
- Stay up-to-date with emerging methods and implementation of methods using statistical software.
- Lead analyses exploring underlying structures of data, develop predictive models as part of a team.
- Develop analysis plans under the supervision of the principal investigator.
- Prepare statistical methods and results sections for presentations, reports, manuscripts
To apply for this job please visit www.annarbor.hsrd.research.va.gov.